July 1, 2012

Summer Memories

Chickens, you could call them cute, I do.  I have always liked chickens and roosters as a matter of fact one of my neighbors has a rooster and his early morning crowing doesn't bother me at all.  Anyway, when I saw this cute Lockhart chickie stamp I had to have it :)  The challenge over at Retro Sketches this week is this sketch:
I took a little artistic license with the sketch and moved things around alittle, but the basic sketch properties are still here:
A chicken dressed in her finery, a little lace and twine, a pretty button, watercolor pencils, checkerboard paper and a lacey punch.  Thanks for taking a peek :)

2 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Those chickens are so fun and colorful. The twine and button look great over the lace!!! So glad you played this week's RetroSketch challenge!

craftydr said...

This is so cute. This is also a Lockhart stamp too isn't it? Did you get this one on Saturday also?
I didn't get this one, but did get three of the flower ones all about the same size.
Just love what you are doing with these card.
hugs,
dorothy