August 12, 2012

On the Pond

I just love Toads, I do.  We have a family of Toads that live in our yard, very strange indeed for dry, semi-dessert, foothills Colorado.  But they do live here and they come out at night.  Momma toad just had a baby toad, the cutest little thing you've ever seen.  I must try to get a picture of them, but I'm not the best photographer and a night photo, well we'll see.
Given my love of the Toads living in my yard, the sentiment is perfect for this little scene.  I used watercolor pencils and added 2 little gems to give some shine.

3 comments:

Jenni's Jems said...

Your toad card and sentiment is fab! ( might just pinch the wording of that sentiment hee he)x

Donna Bowman said...

Cute card! Love your coloring and the fun sentiment!

Darnell J Knauss said...

OMG, you have TOADS living in your yard. I'm coming over!! This is adorable! Thanks for coming to visit me. You'll find I like to tell a "story" now and then. Have I visited you before? I don't think so, or I would have followed you. I love your CAS style. Cute and well-done, yum.