May 14, 2019

Back to Basics & Beyond - Shrink Plastic Card


We have a new challenge starting today at Back to Basics & Beyond - Shrink Plastic.  I was not familiar with this and had fun creating my DT card with a stamped horse using Shrinky Dink.  The instructions on the package said to use alcohol ink or markers to color the image, but I used water-based paint and the horses color came out o.k.

Here's a video about using shrink plastic:

Please stop by to gather inspiration from all of the DT's cards and join in the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today :)

8 comments:

ahlers5 said...

I love this! The card came out great. I have had a package of Shrinky Dink on my craft desk for about a year. I planned on making something with my grandkids and never did. Maybe, I'll make an image for a card. I never thought of that!

Sherri Thacker said...

This came out so nice! I love it!!

meg said...

Brilliant make, love the horse lay out and your lasso embellishment

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card Lucille! I love the polka dot frame around your gorgeous shrink plastic horse!

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a lovely card. Love Dawn x

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

Such a lovely card, I never thought of using paint but I'll need to give it a try, I love how you've added the twine too. Jenny x

Catie Cuddles said...

Super horse embellishment! I sometimes use Water based pens and they work fine too if using like this on a card. Alcohol ink works best if you create something that has to be handled.
C xxx

Julia Aston said...

What a great result you got on your shrinky dink horse! love the lasso and dotted paper framing him. I know I have some in my stash somewhere and must get it out! thanks for the inspiration!