August 15, 2009

Our Alaric


We are going to send our lovely boy Alaric to heaven today at 3:00 pm. Alaric is 14 years old and it's time. Alaric is a Large Munsterlander, a versatile hunting dog. From the time he was just a few weeks old it was easy to see hunting was in his genes. We would put a bird feather on the end of a fishing line and his little puppiness would point. My husband hunted pheasant, chuckers, quail, you name it w/ Alaric for many years and he always did his job in the field. He's a lovely dog and we will miss him terribly. Alaric xoxo

8 comments:

Arlene said...

It's so hard to put an animal down, they become part of your family. But when it's time, it's too hard for them to have a good life, it's best for them. You have to do the right thing, even though it tears you up.

My condolances and thoughts are with you.

Pajalu said...

Lucille I am so sorry for you & your dh. I will be thinking of you both, as it's always so hard when we have to do these things for our much beloved pets. Sending you lots of hugs xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. We know how you feel. He really was a good dog. Definitly one of our favorites. We will miss him too.

Jenn Biederman said...

Oh Lucille...I'm sorry that you have to do this. I am keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers during this difficult time. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for you at this time. I know you are heartbroken. I bet Alaric's four-legged companions are going to be upset without your boy, too. Fortunately, he had a long life, in doggy years, and knew he was well-loved by Mama and Daddy.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Oh dear... I wish you both big hugs and Peace in knowing your sweet Alaric is running free and chasing lots of birds and pointing them out for The Big Guy.....
When you are ready, you must see Marley & Me, or read the book... It is a gem for anyone who has had a dog as a family member..

Hugs, hugs, hugs...

Anne said...

Awww Sorry Lucy!!! Just know that Alaric is going to be really happy! =) ((HUGS))

Diana said...

Love your blog. Thanks for sharing!