June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day, Dad


My father, Ceasar Rizzo was a wonderful father.  I just can't say enough good things about him.  He taught me so much about life and he was so sweet and kind in every way.  Every year he would plant a large garden and the tomato's from the garden were delicious.  Nothing like a New Jersey tomato, N.J is called the garden state for a reason.  I have never had tomato's as good as the one's from Dad's garden.

He loved my Mom, my brother and I so much and always put us first.  He died a long time ago and not a day goes by that I don't think of him.

Happy Father's Day in Heaven, Daddy 💓

3 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so reminiscent of my grandad. He had an allotment and the tomatoes he grew in his green house tasted like nothing else. We were so lucky to have had the fruits of his labours. We never went hungry as kids. He kept us all fed. I'm sorry you lost your dad. I am lucky to still have mine. He took over the allotment for a time but when he broke his back he couldn't do it anymore. Fruit and veg never taste as good nowadays. Love Dawn x

Cindy C. said...

Sweet tribute to your father Lucille!!

ahlers5 said...

Such wonderful memories of your day. Yes, New Jersey is the best place to grow tomatoes. We used to live there and grew the best tomatoes. Now we are in the desert. They don't grow very well here, too much heat.