January 23, 2019

Back to Basics and Beyond - #20 Salt Technique


Our challenge this week at Back to Basics and Beyond is challenge #20 - Salt Technique. 

For my DT card I used an old set of watercolor paints I had on hand to create my background and softly dried the background with a paper towel before sprinkling table salt all around.  After the paper was dried I used a soft brush to remove the salt and my background was done.

Items Used:
Die: Memory Box Evergreen Reindeer
Stamp:  Memory Box thanks
gems
watercolors and sale

Hop on over to the blog to see the salt technique creations from the design team, have some fun and enter the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today.  It's a cold, snowy day here in Sedalia, CO!

4 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous background for the evergreen reindeer die, the blue seems to sparkle

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card Lucille, I love the die cut you used over your gorgeous background! Stay warm.
Tammy x

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card Lucille. Love that blue background. I've never done the salt technique...I'llhave to give it a try. All our snow was rained away. But winter isn't over yet!

Dawn Phillips said...

Really pretty. I love the simpleness of the white against your background. Love Dawn x